Showing the image you want to show when linking a page with Facebook in WordPress
You've added a link into a Facebook post that links back to a page on your website, but it's not showing the image you want.
This post assumes you are using the Yoast SEO plug but other plugins that offer this feature are available.
Here's how to make sure the correct image show in Facebook:
- Log into WordPress and navigate to the WordPress page editor for your chosen page.
- Scroll down to the YOAST SEO box and select the SOCIAL tab.
- Select the Facebook dropdown, it's a bit hard to spot.
- Here you can add 3 fields:
- A title specific to Facebook. The page title gets picked up if this is not added.
- A description specific to Facebook.
- An image specific to Facebook, the required size is 1200 by 630 pixels.
- Test in your Facebook post.