Setting up Stripe to work with Gravity Forms on WordPress
I have several clients using Stripe and Gravity Forms to take payments online, it's cheaper and easier than installing Woocommerce.
To make this work you have to use the paid Gravity Forms plugin and the Stripe addon. This is pretty simple to install but setting up Stripe is not. It's not hard but finding where to look is a big issue. So I have documented the process to help you do this. If you need assistance I can help, email me at email@example.com
- Log into your WordPress
- Install gravity forms
- Install the stripe addon
- Go to SETTINGS > STRIPE
- Log into your Stripe account.
- In the WordPress Stripe setting box tick LIVE and then click on CONNECT. The image shows buttons after this was done.
- Your account should now be connected.
- Click on VIEW INSTRUCTIONS under Webhook sand click on the link.
- The default is live mode and you have to do this twice, again for test mode.
- Add the webhook in the http box (the web hook URL is in the instructions box back in WordPress) and select RECEIVE ALL EVENTS in the box. If you know what you are doing you can just click on the events you need.
- You will now see the window below, click on reveal for the live key
- The key starts with
- Add this key to your gravity forms Stripe setup page under LIVE
- Now click on DEVELOPERS in the left menu then API keys.
- Toggle the LIVE to TEST in the top right.
- Now go back to WEBHOOKS in the left menu and add the Gravity Forms webhook as previous point and reveal the TEST SECRET
- Add this to the Stripe Gravity Forms setup.
- You should now UPDATE the Stripe Gravity Forms addon settings page and see no errors.
- You are now setup to use Stripe with your Gravity Forms as a payment process.