How to search engine optimise your WIX website
Although not immediately obvious search engine optimising WIX is fairly easy.
- You have done your keyword research.
- You understand about SEO PAGE TITLES and META DESCRIPTIONS
- You understand the importance of a Heading 1 (H1) tag on your page.
- You have good quality content on your pages.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR WIX WEBSITE SEO
- Login to your WIX account and open the SITE EDITOR
- From the BOTTON that says ACTIONS seelct EDIT SITE. This will open a new window.
- Follow the instructions on the image below.
- Click on the 3 dots and an extension to the open window will slide out.
- Follow the instructions in the second image below.
- To be safe I clicked on PUBLISH after I made the changes, but I think it saves them anyway. The PUBLISH button is in the top right corner.
- Job done.
- PAGE TITLE - up to about 55 characters including spaces. You do not need your company name in the ttile, you should be No1 for your company name anyway.
- META DESCRIPTION - up to about 150 characters including spaces. This is your sales pitch and effects click through rates but not search rankings.