How to purchase your .uk domain
Actions to purchase your .uk domain:
- Identify your domain name hosting company, called the Registrar. This is the company where you purchased your domain name. It’s likely that you are paying them about £20 every 2 years for your .co.uk domain. Here are some of the common registrars:
- 123-reg.co.uk – https://www.123-reg.co.uk/public/login/
- Namesco – https://www.names.co.uk/login
- 1&1 or Ionos as they are now known – https://login.ionos.co.uk/
- GoDaddy – https://sso.godaddy.com/
- One.com – https://login.one.com/cp/
- WIX, Weebly and Squarespace (if you once had a website with any of these suppliers)
- If you are not sure you can use the Nominet WHOIS tool here https://www.nominet.uk/whois/ Put in your domain name and it will tell you the registrar.
- To log into the registrar locate their login page by searching for the registrar name and login or using the links above. You will need the account email address and password to login.
- If you’ve forgotten your password just use the FORGOTTEN PASSWORD option under the login area. They will send you a reset link in an email. Make sure you note your new password.
- If you are unsure of the email you used simply try them all one at a time, one will generate a forgotten password email.
- Reset your password and login.
- Once in your account go to the domains area and search for yourdomain.uk Add it to your basket and follow the ecommerce process.
- DO NOT pay for additional services unless you really need them. The privacy issue has been addressed by GDPR but they will still try to fleece you for it.
- We are with 123-reg.co.uk and pay £9.99 +VAT a year for both .co.uk and .uk Many Registrars are offering a 1 year free deal for a 2 year signup.
We can do this for you
If after reading this you want me to do this for you please note I am just going to have to go through the same process which means if you don’t have a username/email and password I will need you to give me the email addresses you might have used to setup your account with your registrar, and then you’ll need to forward me the password email if you don’t have your password.
I will also need you on the phone if the credit card payment details are not on your account as we will need to pay the price for 2 years of registration. I can’t add my card details to your account I’m afraid.
I am happy to do this for you but the usual rates will apply to the time it takes. If you still need help after looking at the above just email me at email@example.com