Google Analytics Data Retention Policy for GDPR
It’s likely that if you have a Google Analytics account setup, and you should, that you will have received an email about data retention.
It’s a really simple principle, Google are offering you 5 data retention periods for your analytics data:
- 14 months
- 26 months
- 38 months
- 50 months
- Don’t automatically expire
The default seems to be 26 months. For some of you this is fine, however if you are comparing periods and want more options then you are likely to require a longer period. We have selected 50 months for Alpha Tango.
Here’s how to set your own retention period:
- Log into your google account. If you know your login details use them at analytics.google.com If you are auto logging in then do so and do a search for google analytics and click on the result which should get you into your Google Analytics area.
- Select the account (if you have multiple accounts) you want to adjust.
- In the bottom left click on the cog (ADMIN) link.
- In the centre column under PROPERTY select TRACKING INFO
- The select DATA RETENTION and decide on how long you want to hold you GA data for.
- Click on SAVE and the job is done.
If you’d like me to do this for you please let me know and as long as I have your google Analytics login info I will get this sorted before 25th May.