Getting more reviews on your Google My Business page
If you have a Google My Business page then you need to start getting reviews. It’s a proven fact that more reviews equals a better ranking for your business.
To leave a review the user has to be logged into Google so anyone with a firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com email address is an ideal prospect. That said I am usually logged into Google for other reasons and I don’t use a gmail.com address for general email, so don’t be put off asking users without a gmail email address for a review.
We can now create a link that takes the user straight to a review entry page, here’s mine as an example https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJJfu9mF9ShkgRjimf5eyj29g Give it a try and please leave me a review 🙂
You need to get your My Business ID then add it to a URL, here’s how.
- Go to https://developers.google.com/places/place-id
- Type the name of your business in the box at the top of the map named ENTER A LOCATION
- From the dropdown select your business.
- If you are not in the list tray a variation of your business name.
- Or you may not have a My Business place listing, if not you should set one up. If you want to outsource this we can help, it’s only 30 minutes work.
- Click on your business name in the dropdown and a box appears over your location. See image below:
- Copy the place ID highlighted in the above image.
- Insert your place ID at the end of the following URL replacing the characters in red with your own ID; https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJJfu9mF9ShkgRjimf5eyj29g
- Now test the URL by cutting and pasting it into your browser address bar to make sure it works.
- You can now send this out to your customers requesting a Google My Business review.
BUT IT GETS BETTER – You can pre populate your review link with 5 stars, here’s how:
- Put the link you have in the address bar and go to your review.
- APOLOGIES FOR THE TEXT OVERLAP BUT IT’S UNAVOIDABLE
- Copy the new URL from the address bar, it will be longer that the forst one, here’s ours https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Alpha+Tango,+44+Toll+Ct,+Lundin+Links,+Leven+KY8+6HH&ludocid=15626263569952090510#lrd=0x4886525f98bdfb25:0xd8dba3ece59f298e
- Now add ,3,5 on the end to pre populate your link with a 5 star rating. Here’s our example again, but pre populated with 5 stars https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Alpha+Tango,+44+Toll+Ct,+Lundin+Links,+Leven+KY8+6HH&ludocid=15626263569952090510#lrd=0x4886525f98bdfb25:0xd8dba3ece59f298e,3,5
- I’d recommend you hide this link by hyperlinking it in text. For example Please leave us a Google Review
This should help you get more Google reviews which in turn will push you up the map listings and bring you more new customers. If you have any questions or would like my help with this please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org