Getting a Mailchimp API key for your website developer
Integrating Mailchimp into your contact forms or Woocommerce checkout is a great way to build a list of quality contacts.
Adding this is a lot easier than you might think but what will be required is an API key for your mailchimp account to link the website and your chosen audience.
Mailchimp have just changed their interface so here’s where to get your API key.
- Log into your mailchimp account. Like many accounts Mailchimp uses 2 factor authentication (2FA) so they will send the linked email address a 6 digit code for you to login with.
- In the left column go to the bottom where you’ll find an ACCOUNT button, possible with your face or a logo in a circle. Click on this.
- Select ACCOUNT.
- Select EXTRAS from the top text menu then click on the API KEYS option.
- This is where you create your keys, how you do this naming and usage wise is up to you. We tend t use a different key for different applications. For example Gravity Forms, Our CRM SharpSpring, Appointment booking services, and more. We feel this is just sensible but it’s not a requirement as you can use the same key for all your applications.
- Just click on CREATE A KEY and give it a label, job done.
- Now copy the key to integrate Mailchimp into your forms or other areas.
I hope this has helped, these things are usually easy, you just need to know where to look.